FIND US ON FACEBOOK: City of Flatwoods
Please click the following link to access our ordinances online: Flatwoods Ordinances
Flatwoods is proud to offer its citizens discounts on many of their prescriptions and services through the KentuckyRXCard program. For more information please click here.
the 2013 Water Quality Report (CCR) is now available to view on the Uilitiy Department page
BOIL WATER ADVISORY HAS BEEN LIFTED 06/24/2014 The City of Flatwoods has lifted the boil water advisory issued on Saturday, June 21, 2014. Areas that were affected are: Route 1458 from Thompson Rd, all the way to Route 5 including all side streets and subdivisions (Caroline Estates subdivision and Greenhills subdivision). Reed Street from the City Building including Barber St, Velma Ln, Advance Ct., Mayme St., Unity Circle, Shorts St., New Haven Ct, Clearwater, Conlon St., Luci Mae Dr., Fountain St., Shady Elm, Catherine St. All of Reid St, and all of side streets to Route 207 from Greenbo Blvd. at Bellefonte Rd. to Tom Rd and all side streets.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE: THE COUNCIL MEETING THAT WAS CANCELLED JUNE 17TH HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, JUNE 24TH AT 7 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS.
- 2513 Reed Street
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00am - 4:30pm
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7pm in the Council Chambers
Events & Activities:
Flatwoods City Park
The B.F. Crager Community Park is located adjacent to the City Building at 2513 Reed Street and feaures:
- A walking track with fitness stations
- Playground equipment
- Public basketball courts for public use
- Public picnic shelters (these can be reserved for special events)
- A large amphitheatre available for events throughout the year
- A gazebo
- An authentic log cabin
- Public restrooms (open during normal business hours)
The park closes nightly at 10:00 pm
- April 19th, 2014: Annual Flatwoods City Easter Egg Hunt.
Easter Egg Hunt will be in the City Park Saturday, April 19th at 1 pm This event is for Toddlers - 3rd Graders and will feature an appearance by the Easter Bunny.
- May 26th, 2014: Memorial Day Program beginning at 1 pm.
- September 27th, 2014: Flatwoods Fall Festival
- Pancake breakfast at Advance Methodist Church from 7:30am to 9:30am
- Parade at 12pm. The theme this year will be announced.
- Opening ceremonies begin at 1:00pm.
- Anticipated events in the park will include:
- Face painting
- Wishing well
- Petting zoo (Llamas)
- Kiddie rides
- Car and tractor show
- Tractor pull for children
- Civil War re-enactment at Log cabin
- Civil War cannons (replicas)
- Civil War medical and weapon presentation
- Corn Hole tournament
- First Responder vehicles
- To be announced
- November 24th, 2014: Christmas tree lighting and carols at 6:30 pm. Santa will be there for the kids.
- December 6th, 2014: Christmas Parade beginning at 1 pm. Theme to be announced.